View Single Post
Old 12-25-12, 02:57 PM
kabuki.m0n0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The first time I ever long distance cycled, or cycled anywhere further than a few km's away. I went and bought a cheap mountain bike with road wheels (no suspension) and hit the road.
The bike now has over 5000km (and counting) and the repairs are not that many. Buckled wheel (until I learnt to fix them, most shops fix them for a few pennies anyway) the inner hub between the peddles, a new gear changer and tiers of course. But they have to be changed anyway, at least you do with my 28" wheels.

I have met people who have spent a fortune on their bikes and people like myself, who cycle on what we can afford - or what there is. I guess if you take at least the basic care in your vehicle - as long as you enjoy the ride, it was all worth it.
Even though, I am aware that cheap bike pieces are not going to last as much as well known brands, who have shown that their product is worth the money. But hey, if it's not broken - it doesn't need to be fixed. And when it does, just get it fixed.

It really all depends to the person, what there doing and if there happy with what they have in my opinion.

K.m