Old 12-29-12, 11:30 AM
terrapin44

Bikes: 2012 Civia Prospect, 2012 Specialized Sirrus Sport, 199x Canondale M800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Almost bought a used Mongoose 29er today

I went to the LBS to ask about fixing up my old Cannondale Mountain Bike for riding in the snow and afer talking about options for a while he showed me a brand-new looking used Mongoose 29" mountain bike (no suspension, disk brakes) that he went over and adjusted everything. They were selling it for $200. I'd rather have my old Cannondale fixed up, but the Mongoose was, surprisingly, a great fit -- at least in the store. Besides, I could fix up th old Cannondale in other ways instead. Because the roads are covered with snow I couldn't test drive it. $200 isn't much of a discount over list for a used bike but just knowing they went over it and it is in perfect working order makes the price not a big issue.

What do people think, would the Mongoose be worth picking up and beating on during the winter months when it is snowing? Typically I would only use it for riding a couple miles each way to the supermarket. If I did get it, once spring comes around, I might chain it up outside at work with all of the student bikes to be used for "lunch commutes."