View Single Post
Old 12-30-12, 06:03 AM
zizou

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Max heart rate at the track

I've got about a 1500+ hours worth of heart rate data on my garmin connect account - road sprinting where i leave everything on the line, going up mountain passes in 30 degrees C where it feels like i am about to explode, trail running where i want to throw up, max efforts on spin bikes, turbo trainers and the treadmill. Basically what i'm meaning to say is i thought i knew my max heart rate, it had been fairly consistent over the the last few years.

That was until i started track cycling. Couple of weeks ago i recorded a new high which was 191 which is 4 more than i'd seen before. No big deal, its just a data spike i thought. Well last session i was in the string behind the derny bike going at 60+ kmh and i had to dig in pretty damn deep to hold on (largely because the guy immediately behind the derny wasnt peeling off like he should have been to give others a chance!)....I had my HRM on and on looking at the data after finishing i now discover my max heart rate is 196 bpm!

So i guess this means i have been subconciously slacking off in every other bit of exercise i've been doing for the last few years