View Single Post
Old 01-01-13, 04:38 PM
ModeratedUser150120149

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I don't know what was discussed at the first ride. But, barring some knowledgeable attorney giving a written opinion to the contrary, I am confident no particpant in the ride discussed here has any more or less personal liability than if they just join with a local bunch of riders for a casual ride. I am also confident that if some individual is the cause of an injury or significant property loss they will be sued regardless of any insurance.

Who, by name is the "insured". Is it some organized and chartered group? Or,?

As for "BFN" liability I don't know what "BFN" is. If it is Bike Forums then you are assuming they are somehow sponsoring or supporting the ride. I don't get that sense from the conversations on this web site. If they do have a potential liability I think they would take a more active role in the ride's organization and execution.

In short, from what I know, again barring better information from someone who is a professional in the field, liability for something like this is a personal matter and can not be avoided. If the people who use this web site choose to affiliate with a formal group they may gain something, but avoiding responsibility isn't one of them.