Old 01-02-13, 05:05 AM
Bikey Mikey

Bikes: Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BluesDawg
No, but I am watching the Capital One Bowl at the moment. Sic 'em DAWGS!
For some reason the Capital One ad line, "What's in your wallet?," popped into my head.

Originally Posted by JimF22003
I've done the Cap2Cap 3 times. It's a nice mostly flat ride with lots of riders, so you you don't get lonely I've started from Richmond twice and Williamsburg once. Check the weather report, and plan on having tailwinds on the way home.

I may do it again this year. It's a great early-season century, and well supported.
Ooh, tailwinds for the 2nd 50 miles, from Richmond back to Williamsburg, would be fantastic! As you may have noted from the title and my opening post, I'll be doing another century 3 weeks earlier on April 20th--unsure why they seem to schedule the Tour de Cure so early, in April.

These will be my first centuries(mile wise). I've done plenty of solo metric centuries and even a 75 mile ride solo, so I am confident with what I've signed up for...I just hope weather cooperates in the earlier weeks so I can do the long rides to keep up the endurance/fitness. Right now, the chilly weather is keeping me from doing some of the long rides. I am off today so I don't need to ride as early as usual, 04:30(plus it's raining), and it will be sunny later so I'm going to try to do at least 40 miles if not 50 today.

Last edited by Bikey Mikey; 01-02-13 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Edited.