Old 01-03-13, 03:10 PM
Burton
Certified Bike Brat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 01 CAt Man Do
I think the Phillips SafeRide while innovating in design only appealed to people who want to adhere to the more European mindset of what makes a good road bike light. While I was impressed by the initial review and beam shot I saw over on MTBR, later I began to see more "user" beam shots and the results were *not always as impressive ( * or more mixed, some good some not so good ) This left me with mixed feelings because I really didn't know how well the lamp was going to perform.

Hard to justify a $200 expenditure when your buddy buys a $40 light on e-bay that blows your SafeRide away and has 30% more run time to boot. I guess that means innovation only has so much monetary value ...
( depending of course on your point of view ). Perhaps they had an overwhelming amount of returns, who can say?

Then again, perhaps they pulled the stock because they want to market a better version. (?)
Yeah - the MTBR beam thing is what leaves me with a lot of questions - about just about every light they review. Reality is pretty different that what those beam shots lead you to believe. I'll be posting some examples in the Lupine Betty thread.

Last edited by Burton; 01-03-13 at 04:13 PM.