Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Originally Posted by Esteban58
I did Old La Honda then on up skyline to Kings Mountain today... to say I sucked big time would be an understatement, although my time was right around that predicted by Hermes' handy hill climb power calculator... Then I got so cold on the decent that I had nothing left by the time I got back to Foothill... struggled home in a most pathetic way. I guess one change to make right away is to get another layer so I don't freeze coming down the hills - it took me 2+ hours to warm back up afterward.
I climbed up Kings Mountain yesterday and descended. I was warm. I had a Craft Zero base layer, arm warmers, leg warmers, jersey and Voler thermal jacket. Plus I had a warm hat under my helmet warm gloves and PI wind barrier elite booties.

I had the jacket open while climbing but should have taken it off and stuffed it down the back of my bib shorts. It will not fit into a jersey pocket. Here is a link to the Voler website http://www.voler.com/browse/product/li/1010B42CLR2XS and a closeout deal that they have on a light weight rain jacket that can also be used as a wind barrier when descending. Shipping is almost as much as the cost of the jacket. My wife has one and it is okay. However, it is not a Showers Pass quality rain jacket.

Last edited by Hermes; 01-06-13 at 10:13 AM.