View Single Post
Old 01-06-13, 07:00 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 963 Times in 628 Posts
Originally Posted by anixi
Not so fast, Bill, I found my PX-10 on c/l, paid $20. Again, I was searching all the time, it was early Spring, and I was first to actually show up and find out that it was a major find. Just sayin'
Well, time to eat some crow on this one. As soon as I finished my prior posting, I did a quick check of the nearby C/L. And what did I see? A juicy deal, at a low price. OK, they were framesets only, but still.... And one was chrome..... Oh yeah, and when I met the seller, he pulled out a third bike (complete). Frame #2 was distressed, so not sure where it is headed.

So chalk up another one to the "never say never" category.

So let me amend my earlier answer. Projects, particularly incomplete projects, occasionally pop up. So if you have the time/tools/aptitude/pile of parts, there can be deals out there. Most scoopers around here are looking for complete bikes, the old DKO type, something with a little Simple Green they can call "ready to ride".

+1 Deals on mtbs are more plentiful.

Last edited by wrk101; 01-06-13 at 08:16 PM.