Old 01-06-13, 10:35 PM
PMK

Bikes: 2006 Co-Motion Roadster (Flat Bars, Discs, Carbon Fork), Some 1/2 bikes and a couple of KTM's

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chojn1
Sorry I have not updated in a while. Now that the holiday break is over, my day job is getting in the way of ride time and build time.

Here is the bike so far:

Rear bottom bracket cluster:

Front triangle and mid section:

Weight so far is 4 pound.

Rowan,
The sleeved compression joints would have been a more elegant solution. I kept mine simple, however. It is just a simple compression over a double butted top tube or a triple butted boom tube. I am hoping that would be sufficient. I do have plans for additional attachment point using titanium rods if needed later.

PK,
If I don't use vacuum bagging, should I go with heat shrink tape? Which do you use?
Also, automotive clear coat better than gel coat for the top layer?
The AC 130 prep is on its way. Skygeek found me another solution for the primer.

Thanks,
CJ
Your foam idea seems to be working well. I beleive you understand how vacuum bagging can pull air in which is bad. If you know the joints are leak free, bag it. Shrink tape, sometimes yes sometimes no, most times no.

I would definately do automotive clear instead of gelcoat.

What did Skygeek find to substitute for BR127 primer. I ask so that if I am familiar with it, I'll send pointers / tips.

PK