View Single Post
Old 01-07-13, 05:32 PM
auchencrow

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by RALEIGH_COMP
i appreciate the comments, but i know about the rear reflector! haha kinda obvious isnt it? does anyone have a link to some decent look-a-likes or even a little battery powered blinker that looks decent? i like to keep things original if i can, but cost and availability often play bigger roles than desire.

my front cable has been replaced and has an ugly anchor bolt and nut thrown on it. I feel that there shouldnt be anything wrong with making your own, as long as you use decent quality hardware. Auchen your set up looks nice, though i would personally cut the excess cable much closer. and WOW a '38? i know there are older bikes than that too, but its just awesome that the Sports has been around for so long! more pics of your '38 please?

Also if anyone has some good links for generator lights, and a frame pump would be pretty sweet too...
My '38 Raleigh is actually a Golden Arrow - but the Sports models have been around in one incarnation or another from at least '38.
Here is a link to the catalog on Kurt's "Headbadge" website:

http://www.kurtkaminer.com/TH_raleigh_cat_us38.html

My own Raleigh Sports is a '53 (below)

Regarding the rear reflector, a blinky would probably be an ideal supplemental light, but a black housing reflector would look great. If they're too dear, you might be able to pick up a proper round white on eBay and paint it for a lot less.