Old 01-09-13, 05:28 AM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Bicycle tires will typically lose a bit of air over time, how much depends on the quality of the tube. I use Schwalbe tubes in my daily rider and can get away with only having to add air once every couple of weeks. I have an old cruiser that we keep here on the farm, it has WM Bell branded tubes in it, it needs air added at least once a week. When you replace a tube that has a pinhole leak (or larger) run a cotton ball around the inside of the tire first and see if it catches on anything. My curse has been the little pieces of wire from blown out truck tires, hard to see and hell on the fingers if you find one with your finger tip.

I don't like the slime, I had a blow out on a tire with a slime tube (came on the bike new) and it was a helluva mess to clean up. YMMV

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon

Last edited by wahoonc; 01-18-13 at 07:10 PM.