View Single Post
Old 01-10-13, 02:09 PM
Western Flyer 

Bikes: Cannondale Topstone gravel bike Dahon MU folder w/2x8 speed internal drive train

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Burton
Hi ! I'm a little curious cause I like an alcohol stove myself. I'm guessing you're talking about something like the SnowPeak cooking set. How do you deal with multiple cooking pots a d a single burner - or do you bring more than one stove?
Yes it is a modified Snow Peak cook set. The pots and fry pan are stackable in the right order. I use a single alcohol burner that has an adjustable flame. So a common meal I make on the road would start with a stir fried onion and/or pepper in the fry pan, which in turn acts as the lid for steaming potatoes. When the potatoes are done I would quickly bring the vegies up to sizzle temp again and serve. Then I might make some apple-pear sauce for dessert from fruit I picked during the day and simmer it while I enjoy the hot main course. I occasionally cook with all three pots stacked on top of each other, which will keep the bigger pot (@ 0.75 L it is not BIG) reasonably warm while the smaller pot is on the bottom at cooking temp. If there is anything in the fry pan on top of the stack it will need to be reheated before serving.

- Gordon Hempton: One Square inch of Silence