View Single Post
Old 01-13-13, 01:53 PM
TornadoCAN99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So the issue I have is the jig provides for 120 or 130 mm OLD using different configurations of the provided spaces. I can't just add another spacer to achieve 135 mm between the dropout inner bolting surfaces...as this would just raise the dropout furtherest from the mounting board another 5mm...the dropout closest to the board will remain at same distance from the board. All other jig mounts (head tube, BottomBracket, Seat Post) are also position a fixed height from the board (co-planer). So that would mean the dropouts would no longer be equal distance from centerline with the rest of the frame (albeit only by 2.5 mm).

To do this precisely, I think I need to shave off 2.5 mm from the dropout-to-board spacer (a solid block of Alu), effectively lowering the nearest dropout 2.5 mm. Then add a 5mm spacer between the two dropout, effectively raising the furthest droput 5mm from the other one (but only 2.5mm more from centerline)....giving a total of 135 mm between the two, keeping them equally distant from centerline.

Since I have no good way to shave off 2.5 mm from the Alu mounting block, should I consider adding 2.5 mm spacers between all the other jig mounts and the board? Might be doable with careful selections of washers etc.

Or, is this extra 5mm clearance possible by just forcing apart the 130mm OLD dropouts a little each time I place the wheel in between?