Old 01-14-13, 10:50 AM
lostforawhile

Bikes: 1972 Schwinn super sport, heavy no name each cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cny-bikeman
...and I'm sorry if I seem a bit crabby, but I put a lot of effort into being clear when I offer assistance and I expect those wanting help to make the same effort. I also do not hesitate to suggest in-person assistance when warranted, which is why I suggest you get someone who can give you hands-on advice. There is no guarantee that you even have the right chain length, that you've routed the chain properly through the pulleys, or that you know how to properly mount the rear derailleur, let alone adjust it. That's a lot to cover in a forum.
I understand, I dont have the option of an LBS here, the only one, the owner is partly retired and is almost never there. I do know how the derailleur is supposed to be mounted, and the chain is routed through the pulleys correctly, I can ride the bike, but the chain is loose, It's very possible that the chain is just worn out, but something doesn't look right about the derailleur angle . Can someone clarify what they mean by the stops? I think I know what you are talking about but I wanted to make sure, I love the bike by the way, I had one just like it when I was 18, and I put many miles on it, riding all over Northeast Ohio, Now when I'm 40 I'm able to save another one