View Single Post
Old 01-15-13, 01:37 PM
Chris Pringle

Bikes: '12 Rodriguez UTB Custom, '83 Miyata 610, '83 Nishiki Century Mixte (Work of Art), '18 Engin hardtail MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 18 Posts
I don't own one, but I read here all the time how the 26" LHT is very capable off-road. To me both frames look quite similar aesthetically. If I had to choose between the Saga and the LHT, definitely the LHT (26" version) sounds like the winner from the convenience point of view if you live in Latin America. It's a simple and well-designed frame for worldwide touring: 26" wheels, rim brakes, easy to find replacement parts anywhere.

As far as the correct frame sizing, you may want to analyze this google spreadsheet that's been populated by many LHT users.

I remember reading in a blog that 26" tires are different in Brazil? That rims/tires run a little bit larger even though they're marked as 26". This struck me as odd. Do you know anything about that? It would be sad if you don't go through the trouble of getting a 26" touring bike and still have issues finding replacement tires in Brazil. ISO 559 is what the 26" LHT uses.

Last edited by Chris Pringle; 01-15-13 at 01:40 PM.