View Single Post
Old 01-16-13, 06:45 PM
cbresciani

Bikes: Colnago C40 HP, De Rosa-Primato, Titus Ti FCR, MOOTS YBB-SL, Pogliaghi Pista

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zoku620
I bought this frame off ebay a few months ago as my winter project, it was listed as a Murray / Serotta, but it does not have any markings, other than the fork crown and the number on the dropout. I think the paint and decals are original, they are very beat up, but look ok in pictures (1/2 bottle Testors Gloss Red!) It does have very aggressive geometry, the tires are 19c and there's not much room for more. The components are not original, but came from a similar period track bike.

I think some other forum members have similar bikes, I was hoping someone could tell me a little more about it. Thanks!

Pics:
I can't tell you a lot about it other than I remember seeing similar bikes at the Velodrome in Colorado Springs in the early 80's. I would suggest if you decide to ride it on the street I would put a singlespeed freewheel on it and buy one of these http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?m...oducts_id=8676 I have these on both my track bikes, no drilling and they work great. And be well aware of toe overlap.