Old 01-16-13, 07:00 PM
cyclotoine

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Your bike is new enough that is should have at least a 126mm rear spacing in which case you don't need to cold set and cold setting isn't a big deal, you need to find another shop. It may even be 128 as many frames in the early 1990s were. My 1992 Marinoni was spaced at 130 from the factory as they knew 130 was taking over. So you may even have 130 already.

So I would say, new wheelset, your bike should be 8seed I think so you should be able to get hubs compatible with campy 8speed on ebay and have them build up. Bit I would strongly going with shimano as a new modern 10 speed shimano hub will be readily available and you can put an 8s shimano cassette and chain on and it will shift fine. You can get something like a 12-28. Despite what others say I would still suggest replacing the crank with a compact, something like sram apex or rival or a shimano Sora. They are cheep but the technology has come so far that they are better than what you have, lighter and stiffer and it will be cheaper than buying new campagnolo rings. The reason I suggest going with a shimano chain, cassette and hub is the parts are cheaper and produced in a much larger quantity and you want to ride this thing, so use what is affordable and east to get.