Old 01-17-13, 10:50 PM
mtnbud

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked 523 Times in 291 Posts
I wouldn't go alone.

You say you are a teenager. Talk to your parents about it - see what they think.

Try to find some friends to go with you. Consider trying to talk your parents into serving as a sag wagon. Just carry what you'll need for each day. Plan out your stops ahead of time. Have your parents carry the majority of the gear in the vehicle. See if they'd be willing to camp far from your camp site to give you and your buddies the freedom to be yourselves.

Regarding the bike: It looks like you might have issues with heel strike if you put a rear rack on your frame. Measuring your chainstays will help you determine if that'd be an issue.

I didn't notice rack brazeons on the rear triangle. If you're lacking brazeons, you'll need to figure out someway to attach the rack to the bike or buy a rack specifically designed for bicycles without brazeons. There are ways to get around most of these issues - bikepacking gear might be a possibility.

I did my first bike tour in college on a steel frame Huffy. I went with my college buddies and we had a blast.

I also agree with Feitsbob - It'd be prudent to start with an overnighter close to home to see how well it goes before embarking on such a long trip.