Old 01-18-13, 11:21 AM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 342 Posts
I understand it but you're leaving out a critical point. Yes oj had a good life. Because he kept done money. Lance will as well. He's worth like a 150 million. But neither of them will be liked. Trusted. Armstrong will end up a meme. Forever associated with doping and cheating. He will not command respect or attention in the manner he did. He will not command the attention if presidents. Guys like that aren't about the good life meaning having enough cash to do what they want they crave power.

Originally Posted by canam73
Maybe you really didn't understand my OJ comparison. What I'm saying is that after being branded a murderer and having a multi-million dollar civil judgement against him he was still living well. He threw that away by making more mistakes, but Armstrong won't be that foolish.

Lance is arrogant and less than truthful. And yet even on this forums there are people defending him. "Level playing field", "Cycling has a history of doping", "Look at all the people he helped" and all that. That will never completely stop. Even if it was reduced to 1% of the public (and it won't) that's still a crap load of people.

He isn't naming names right now because his current goal is to have his ban reduced and offending those in power won't help there. He'll save that for later. And when he does decide it's time, people will get in line to hear from him again.

I'm sure Lances bar is set higher than having sex with groupies, too. But those things are still there for him. Maybe it will never get as high, but his ball is still bouncing.