Old 01-22-13, 04:58 AM
ikaika777

Bikes: 2017 Giant Escape 2, 2013 Giant Escape 2, 1986 Bianchi Nuovo Alloro

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DowneasTTer
Thanks for the comments. As of today we have 182 miles on them since picking up late last Weds. afternoon. We are finding that with about the same effort we expended on our old hybrids we can add around 6 extra miles to our ride and the time out is only a few minutes more so we are going at a faster rate. I was a little worried about the fact our our old bikes used 700 x 35C tires @ 70psi while the new ones ar 700 x 28c @ 90 psi. But, it doesn't really have any effect on the ride quality or stability. It appears that Giant has specked out this bike very well. That only thing missing is a comfortable saddle. That should change tomorrow when they go to the LBS for adjustments.
I'm sure you are loving your Giant Escape RX 0 as much as I'm loving my Escape 2 although yours has better components. I still can't believe how fast the bike goes. Yours must really be speedy with the 34/50 crankset and 10 speeds? I put 163 miles on it so far in 12 days. The only problem I'm having is the gears shift on their own on every ride I do. I saw teeth on the cassette that were a little bent so I'm wondering if that is the problem. Anyway, keep posting your rides and pictures of the places you go but most importantly, post more pics of your Escape RX 0!

Last edited by ikaika777; 01-22-13 at 05:34 AM.