View Single Post
Old 01-22-13, 02:40 PM
droy45
tougher than a boiled owl

Bikes: Fetish Cycles Fixation / Fuji S12S / Gary Fisher MTB / Raleigh Grand Prix / Ross Professional / Kent comfort cruiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If your not familiar with adjusting your bike to fit you, then I would call on some help from your LBS. Or you can get alot of help online and on this forum. First you need to make it clear to them exactly what you want, either a performance / competition fit, or a comfort less intrusive fit. In all my years of riding, I have found that there is a difference in setting up for maximum performance or a more leisurely approach. I have always used the knowledge I learned from others and more recently online, to adjust my own bike for comfort and preventing injury. It does take time and alot of trial and error. You simply cannot go to a shop and get fitted then take off and expect it to work for you. You will find after some riding that you either hurt somewhere or are uncomfortable somehow and start fiddling with the adjustments until you get it right for you and that simply negates your original fitting. So it all depends on what you need.