Old 08-28-05, 06:39 PM
Sir Lunch-a-lot

Bikes: Montague Folding/E-Bike, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
First 60 Km Voyage

For starters, my life isn't entirely car free. I live at home (am just going into grade 12), and do not own a car of my own (I don't have a job, gas and insurance would kill me, etc. etc). In fact, the way gas prices are looking now is giving me more incentive not to get a car. Ironically, it was a movie about cars that got me into cycling in the first place (but thats another story).

So, I have taken to biking more as both a practical means of transport and getting rid of some excess fat. However, I live in a small town with only a few stores. The nearest major economic center is, roughly 30 Kms away. So, I finally decided to give it a go at riding out there and back under my own power. Took me rougly an hour and a half each way. I got home about an hour ago and am beat. Biking that far regularly is not very practical for me, yet. But I still am proud of this little milestone in my life. I'm figuring that if I continue biking regularly 15 - 30 km/day, soon enough it will become more practical.

So I thought that I would share my accomplishment with all you whilst I go about my buisness feel warm and fuzzy (and sore) inside.