Old 01-25-13, 05:00 PM
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
I was forced into semi retirement by a work related injury and really bad treatment and am financially secure for the rest of my days and do not have to work and have been forced into a more sedentary lifestyle.

I run my little bicycle shop at home where I am now building racks and soon will be set up to build frames after apprenticing and now partnering with a master frame builder for the last three years. I work as much as I am able to because I enjoy it, and not because I have to... and take rest and time off when I need to.

I volunteer at the Bicycle Co-op when I can, teach some classes, and am a house husband and father who is getting to spend way more time with two growing daughters and this has also allowed me to travel and spend a good amounts of time in the U.S. with my wife who will soon be immigrating to Canada.

My daughters tell me that being injured really sucked and was hard on them to see but on the other hand they say that having their dad there for them so much is absolutely wonderful.

I ride for therapy and the enjoyment it brings and it is one of the physical activities I can still do reasonably well... standing and walking for extended periods is problematic and I do miss running as I was getting back into that.

I got fragged 5 years ago this month... I was 42.