Old 01-27-13, 02:28 AM
KirkBeiser

Bikes: KHS town bike, Motobecane road bike (in my grandparents attic), Fuji Newest 1.0 (never ride) and a touring bike to be built soon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I talked to a friend last weekend and he told me about two bike shops that I should visit. One (or both?) can order order Surly, Salsa and possibly other frames but this bike will probably have to be a build since it's extremely unlikely they will have anything in stock. My friend said he had an incredibly frustrating experience getting a similar bike 7 yrs ago. Nearly every shop told him to just get a mt bike because they didn't really understand the concept of loaded touring. So that explains why there is nearly nothing available in their shops.

The Giant Anyroad is a pretty cool bike but there isn't even mounting for a rear rack AFAIK so it's out. I would also prefer not to have such a cool looking bike since it looks much more expensive than it is. My friends Surly (from France) honestly looks like a standard crappy town bike from a distance and would be significantly less likely to get stolen. Nothing against the looks of a Surly though.

Now I'll just need to go through a bike build with a broken English speaker.