View Single Post
Old 01-28-13, 10:49 AM
scoatw

Bikes: 96 gary fisher 'utopia' : 99 Softride 'Norwester'(for sale), 1972 Raleigh Twenty. Surly 1x1 converted to 1x8, 96 Turner Burner

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I'm working on my second Showers Pass jacket. The first one was the "Century" model, purchased in 07. That lasted till Nov 2010 thru heavy use. The zipper eventually quit working. One of those deals where you zip it up and it would come apart in the middle. So I forked out another $250 for an "Elite" model. After three months the zipper on the chest pocket broke, so I can no longer use that. These are good jackets, they live up to all of the hype, IMO. But if you're riding year round, through winter, and using it as your outer shell like I do. Then it will probably last you three years perhaps. I'm just going by the first one that I had. Anyway, when this one wears out I'm going with the J&G jacket. I hear too many good things about them and they are priced right.

Personally, I think spending $300+ for a jacket is a waste of money considering all of the lower priced choices out there that perform just as good, if not better.