Old 01-29-13, 01:07 PM
max-a-mill
aspiring dirtbag commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i don't think there was any rain or at least nothing significant for that final stretch last year... actually aside from the wind and COLD overnight temps last years weather actually wasn't too bad. i'd take those conditions again (especially that wind blowing at our backs in this direction).

as for the overnight i agree 3-4 hours sleep would certainly be nice BUT last time we rode this direction i think we all used that same basic plan and it seemed to me i slept through all the nice quiet overnight road conditions and got back out in the morning with the worst of the SLOW weekend traffic through somerset and that whole area. i remember being real pissed at cars that day 2 morning... plus when you get a hotel you got showers, sit down meals, then more showers and more sit down meals.... i have a really hard time not getting TOO comfortable.

ideally i'd like to see the sun come up on the morning of day 2 and stop in a nice soft lancaster area field for a couple hours of nap while the warm morning sun keeps me ever so nice and warm. have 80 tons of caffeine at the ready for when i wake up feeling like hell, then shoot for the bell.

if not that then at least somehow make it across the susquehana before sleeping?

but yeah as we know all that sounds good while planning, the reality on the course may be VERY different.

the only thing certain on this ride is massive quantities of sheetz will be consumed. last year i fell had a love affair with their burritos and deep fried apple slices.

<homer>MMMM; DEEP FRIED APPLE SLICES</homer>