Old 01-30-13, 11:57 AM
roadwarrior

Bikes: Cannondale EVO, CAAD9, Giant cross bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by John_V
This has been a very interesting thread to read. However, I'm just curious as to where these bikes shops are that carry every size of every model of every manufacturer they sell are located so that any person of any size interested in any one of these bikes at any price point can go in and test ride? Just asking!
No, it's just the high end stuff. And I don't want to sound crapy here, but there are more than a few people who just want to ride them because the bike is out of their price range. More than one person has told me that.
I've been riding high end stuff most of my life, have moved around manufacturers, and while I have taken bikes out for a spin (because they left a few for us to try out, then come back after a couple of weeks and take them to another shop) i find I can ride pretty much anything...it is all good. I ride what I ride because the rep is a friend of mine.
When I was racing we switched manufacturers...was on one on Monday, another on Tuesday. Not really a big deal.
But not everyone buys or selcest like me so we do what we can and if the customer wants something else...?