Old 08-29-05, 03:27 PM
Simplebiker

Bikes: 2002 Specialized Sirrus A1, 2000 Raleigh R500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rickwilliams
Talking on a cell phone while driving, whether bike or car, is unsafe. People who do it are endangering themselves and others. They should "shut up and drive" as the bumper sticker says.

Anyone who is upset that you're not a slave to your cell phone needs to spend some serious time adjusting their own priorities.
I second this reply. I wouldn't answer a phone while on the road even if I were in a car. If they want me to be at work earlier, then I can do that. If I have to answer the phone while riding somewhere, I'll pulling over to the side of the road which would delay my arrival. Just because we have the ability to be connected 24 hours doesn't mean that one should be connected 24 hours. Personally, there will be times when I am unavailable to anyone. If (however sad the news might be) my wife gets robbed at gunpoint or my grandmother dies, while I am unavailable, I'll get the message when I reconnect or arrive at a connection point. As pointed out by another poster, communication happened quite well before there were cell phones.