Old 01-30-13, 10:31 PM
oldbobcat

Bikes: '80 Masi Gran Criterium, '12 Trek Madone, early '60s Frejus track

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 337 Posts
Originally Posted by JakiChan
I was perfectly fine going to different shops as part of my test riding. I told them "I'm here because you have X. I am also test riding Y from this other shop. Do you have anything else you think I should ride? I would like to make up my mind today if I can."
Although I'm primarily in service now, your approach is one that I've always welcomed. It shows you've done some homework and you're ready to make a decision if the right one comes along, and then it's my job get you on the bikes in my shop and represent them the best I can. And if you want to try something that's out of your reach that's on our floor, I'll be glad to show it off.

And I'm glad you're eager to work with bike dealers and not show up for test rides in the middle of a big sale. It never fails, in the middle of our biggest sale of the season when we're sending a dozen bikes out the door per hour, some customers will insist we diagnose their creaky bottom bracket NOW.

Working for a bike dealer, my main job is making you happy with your purchase, regardless of where you buy it. And if you show up for the Saturday ride on a Giant you bought up the street, I'm going to say something like, "Giant makes very fine bikes. I'm sure you'll love it."

Last edited by oldbobcat; 01-30-13 at 10:36 PM.