Fat Boy
Wheelsuck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rkwaki
Here are some real easy ones:
buy a 2lb bag of Tilapia, thaw, put on a pan with some salt and pepper, cook at 400 for 15 minutes
buy 4 sweet potatos, wash, put in microwave for 14 minutes

Once everything has thawed out you have four separate meals, prepared in under 20 minutes
When on the road with work I have figured out how to eat well. Honestly, there's a book in there somewhere. When I get to whatever city, I find a supermarket and load up. Generally speaking, the hotels I stay in have a fridge in the room, so there's somewhere to store my food. Here's a normal lunch.

Big plastic bin of greens. If I can find the "Superfood" greens with spinach, chard, rocket, cabbage, etc., that's perfect.
Carrot discs or 'matchsticks'
chopped onion, tomato and green pepper 'salsa fresca'
some sort of berry
some sort of 'Harvest Blend' nut/seed/dried fruit trail mix
Usually an apple sliced up (I'll get a bag of apples as snacks)
Small bag of some sort of meat that doesn't need to be cooked. It might be lox, fake crab, pre-cooked chicken etc.
Some sort of Olive oil and vinegar dressing.

Mix it all together in whatever proportions seem right the night before I need it (takes about 5 minutes). Everything fits in the plastic tub the greens came in. It's all ready to go when I'm leaving the hotel room in the AM. Don't forget to nick a fork from the breakfast room at the hotel. I've got a fridge or cooler I can stick it in when at work. At lunch time, when everyone is eating whatever food is provided, I bust mine out put the meat and dressing on it and I'm good to go. Last week on one day we had '5 Guys' burgers. There were probably 50 of them sitting on the counter for everyone to eat. I munched on my salad happy as a clam. It's a bit of a PITA, but entirely worth it in the long run.