Old 01-31-13, 11:09 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by vesteroid
Your way over thinking this in my opinion.

the post actually hurt my pea brain.

i have said over and over again, if your doing the exercise thing correctly, it's hard, there is some pain. Your going to have good days and bad days. It's normal. There is no real reason. I have never figured out why one day I kill it, and one day I crash. You need to eat enough calories for your weight to I sure you have energy and something to rebuild the tear down you do from exercise. I see so e reference to 2000 calories per day. My opinion is that's an extreme low for you. I am eating that and I am half your weight...and I am losing weight. I am not suggesting you double your calories, but 2000 can't be the magic number if your going to really push in your exercise program.

i also do not buy into all low carb, all the time. Being primarily vegitarian these days I eat quite a few carbs...losing weight each week too. Maybe that's just me, and maybe you can't do that, but any blanket statement of carbs mean fat, is crap. I don't eat sugar, and don't eat processed, but I eat a ton of rice, pasta, potatoes, and quinoa, and frankly bread. So far today I had on breakfast sandwich with two slices wheat toast and scrambled eggs, one wheat bread sub with tuna and tons of veggies for lunch, and a footlong veggie sub from subway for dinner...that's a lot of carbs without a lot of cacalories there is no magic formula or magic bullet...adapt it around till you find what works over time for you, but you have to eat enough to fuel your expenditures minus your weight loss.
Looking at Nerys' diary for Tuesday, it looks like he did more than an hour of cardio, and possibly strength training, and consumed about 800 calories total during breakfast and lunch. Said calories were from ham, eggs, green beans, and yogurt. Total calories for the day were below 2K. My Fitness Pal notes he'd "earned" 1200 more calories through exercise. Nerys weighs 425 pounds, and to maintain that weight he'd need about 3500 calories a day.

He's not eating enough, and he's not eating when it counts.