Old 02-01-13, 08:52 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris_in_Miami
Thanks, I'm done for the year

Thanks for the reminder, I had to go take a closer look:

I've heard of Bor Yueh, but this is the first one I've owned. Seems comparable to a Blackburn, nice welds, but light-duty.
Thanks for the pics, obviously not a blackburn. I took another look at your rack and compared it to mine it looks exactly like my Blackburn right down to the reflector even, except mine has no branding markings whatsoever. As far as I know Trek never put that brand on their bikes, besides I think it's a Vietnam company according to what I found in the internet and the name kind of implies that; back when your bike was being made few if anything was being imported from Vietnam. So probably the original owner bought the rack sometime afterwards. The Vietnam company probably copied the Blackburn rack detail for detail, or perhaps their contracted to make them for Blackburn and then made some for themselves, maybe that's why mine doesn't have a brand marking? Japanese copied quite a bit when they were trying to rebuild their economy after the war. But not being an expert on various rack brands I could be entirely wrong on the whole matter.

Last edited by rekmeyata; 02-01-13 at 08:57 AM.