View Single Post
Old 02-03-13, 06:35 AM
Stealthammer
Still spinnin'.....

Bikes: Fisher Opie freeride/urban assault MTB, Redline Monocog 29er MTB, Serrota T-Max Commuter, Klein Rascal SS, Salsa Campion Road bike, Pake Rum Runner FG/SS Road bike, Cannondale Synapse Road bike, Santana Arriva Road Tandem, and others....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Most of my more polite family members and friends have called me "a bit of an individual" or an "eccentric" since I was in my early 20s, and before that the just they would just say that I had my "own way of doing things", but these days most people know me as "the guy with the parrot that rides a bike everywhere". To me though, this is simply my life, and I don't really let other people's judgements have an effect on how I live it.

People that I don't even know wave to me everywhere I go, and they often come right up to me to talk at convenience stores, restaurants, grocery stores, or just on the street, and periodically one of my neighbors will tell me how someone 30-40 miles away asked if they knew me when they told them where they lived. I don't really feel that I am that different from most other people, but I try very hard to be tolerant and helpful to everyone I meet, and I think that most people look right past my "peculiarities" and accept me for who I am.

Originally Posted by Gravity Aided
I can't imagine why people would all want to be the same.....
One of my favorite t-shirts that I wear quite often says "You laugh because I am different, and I laugh that you are all the same". The first one I had was a gift from my wife on our second date, and I have had 2 or 3 ever since.