View Single Post
Old 02-03-13, 01:28 PM
sstorkel

Bikes: Cervelo RS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Schwinn Typhoon, Nashbar touring, custom steel MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ShartRate
I'm looking at ordering some bib shorts but I don't know what to make of the sizing. I wear 36 inch jeans and large bike shorts and undies work fine for me, but I've got a beer gut so I'm probably closer to 40 inches or so around my belly button. I'm looking at the Aero Tech bibs and they say L is 36-38 and XL is 38-40. Anybody have an opinion on which I'd be better off with?
Just remember: your jean size has almost nothing to do with your actual waist size. I wear size 32 or 34 jeans, depending on the brand and style. If I run a measuring tape around my waist, it says 36.5 inches.

Suggest you measure your waist with a measuring tape, then order accordingly. In my experience, most bibs will stretch enough to accommodate a stomach that's 2-3" larger than the waist without any problems. If your waist is near the upper end of the size range and you've got a big stomach, it probably makes sense to order the next larger size unless you prefer a very snug fit.