View Single Post
Old 02-03-13, 08:33 PM
johnybutts

Bikes: Type of horse.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Tour of new braunfels 3s. Field stacked 75 deep supposedly 60 miles. 2x 30 mi loops.

First half rolling, but net climbing. Second half rolling, but net descent.First 10 mi I was dying but eventually my legs opened up. The goal was: don't do anything n the first lap, wait for a break with slipstream dev kids to go on the second lap.Well, a couple got away and stayed away on the first lap. Plan now destroyed, second plan: experiment try to get off the front. Halfway through second lap, I jumped. Got about 10 seconds on the field and stalled there. I was in my iab being very aero. Eventually I couldn't hold it and got swallowed.

I was absolutely astounded at how quickly I recovered.. Like 1 min later I was back to normal ready to go again. The key to this race was that with a big field you get stuck in position - narrow roads.

So, although I was ready to go again, I didn't get the chance until about 6km to go. 4 of us jumped and got a gap. Two guys just died during their pulls... Myself and the other jumped Around and kept going, but were caught not too long after

The finish was a **** show. No open road and about 40 survivors jockeying for position. I made a big effort at 1200m to go, then a guy came around and knocked my handlebars out from me. Kept it up, rolled in 15th.

I was never in trouble. Lgs felt amazing. I concentrated on doing as little work as I could. Happy. Bottomline: I need more experience off the front.