cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 644 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck5.2_in_CA
I got hit in the head with a golf ball while riding in March. Yes I was wearing a helmet. Anyway i broke my clavicle, took 5 weeks off the bike and started riding my lazy ( for this site anyway) 100-125 miles a week 5 weeks later. About 6 weeks after that I had severe pain in my arm, not at the fracture site but from the shoulder to the elbow. I also have about half the normal range of motion. ...snip...

Through this whole time I have been riding...setting personal bests and doing just about everything I want to do except lifting my arm over 90 degrees and excruciating pain if I happen to roll over on the shoulder or instinctively reach out for something. Has anyone ever been through this "frozen Shoulder"? All my Google searches are somewhat inconclusive as it appears this condition is mostly idiopathic. Mine I believe stems from idiot doctor who could have told me to try to move the shoulder as much as possible after the first couple seeks instead of babying it. All advice appreciated. The full golf ball story upon request !
...snip...
CRAZY! How random is the probabilty of getting beaned by a golfball, while riding the bike? Just seems that something like that should almost never happen. Yet they do and more frquently than random probability might suggest.
Anyway, my recent mishap had my whole left side torso and shoulder in fairly sketchy shape. Having had numerous sports related injuries over the years, I did start 'working' all the joints of that side as soon as possible. Never even asked the doc when I should start. Figured when the pain of just sitting up subsided, I could start workin all the joints.
But I wanted to ask you, since this condition seems to have 'hit' weeks after the actual accident; have your doctors ruled out any issure of nerve damage? It would seem that being OK after the accident and then having the 'frozen shoulder' develop would lead me to ask if some further (or disguised) damage caused the 'frozen Shoulder? Have your rdoctors ruled that out.
My best to a speedy recovery