Old 02-05-13, 01:37 AM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
If I were a voracious reader, I would rather have a library within biking distance. It is much simpler and cheaper.

Luckily, I do, and use it frequently for free books in hardback and Kindle download format, including recent releases that are not available for $2.50 as paperbacks. The library has an extensive audio book library which can be downloaded and borrowed on-line for free.

The free library also has music CDs and movie DVD's to borrow. The library staff will order or borrow any book, CD, or DVD that I request.
I agree with you completely. My local library is about a quarter of a mile away, and really is one of the nicest ones in the state. Its architecture is unashamedly ripped off from Frank Lloyd Wright and is a delightful place on its own. I typically have about 30 books and DVDs checked out to keep me company at home. When I read of an interesting book on the Internet, I immediately check the library's website and if they have it, I reserve it, which ensures I'll get it from whereever in the system it is, but it also saves me hunting through the stacks, all I have to do is to find my name in the reserved stack.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.