Old 02-05-13, 07:03 PM
Muttster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need your advice - should I sell or fix up.

I wanted to get your advice because I'm somewhat of a newbie. I am 58 years old, 6'5" 285 lbs. and I currently have a 95' Cannondale 300 ME L.E mountain bike which is in pretty good condition with an aluminum frame. Most of my riding will be on trails and I don't plan hopping over logs or any advanced riding any time soon. I'm looking more to get in shape and to enjoy being out in great scenery which beats the hell out of riding in subdivisions.

My question is what to do with my bike. The frame is in good shape but I think that it could use some updating. Being new to the sport and cheap, I don't want to spend more than $400-$500 on either fixing up the bike or buying a new or used on. My understanding is that I could probably get $75-100 dollars for the Cannondale. If I sold the bike, could I get something that would be an appreciable step up from the Cannondale at my price point? Does it make more sense to upgrade my old bike or should I just live with what I have. If I should get a new/used bike, given my size and needs, what should I be looking at? I know that it is a lot of questions but I really don't know what to do so I'm asking the experts.

I appreciate any advice that you could give me.