View Single Post
Old 02-06-13, 12:22 AM
nerys

Bikes: Day 6 Dream 21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
no injury pain ache or discoloration that I can see in the top of the foodt.

pop is going to ask his podiatrist how much he would charge to see me. he kind of knows him so I am hopeful. as for "doing" what he says I need to do. that will depend on what it costs of course :-)

I have not tried any sort of long time span "walking" in barefoot. just not safe. at 422 pounds even pebbles and fine gravel are quite painful. I have socks with the little rubber nibs on the bottom for traction. I wonder if I can "get away" with walking the mall for a while in just socks (they might not like that) but at least it will be climate controlled and indoors so nothing dangerous to step on in all likelyhood. maybe I will make some costume shoes (covers the top of your foot but have no bottoms) so no one who glances casually will realize I am "barefoot"

then I can try walking around for an hour and "see what happens" as far as foot pain goes. can bring crocs in a bag to put on if someone stops me or the pain presents itself :-)

I will try the low resistance stationary this weekend. my concern with low resistance is low calorie burn. remember my primary goal right now is to burn burn burn the calories. but I also don't want to damage or make worse my feet. so have to find a safe healthy but hard working compromise.

I doubt its relevant at all but JUST in case it is my feet are pretty smelly. no fungal infection or anything like that they just tend to stink when I sweat. far more than "other" people. I tested this by smelling neil's shoes (never did that before so I had no idea what "other" people's feet smelled like)

his shoes were roses compared to my shoes :-) hehe (yes neil your feet still stink!)