View Single Post
Old 02-07-13, 01:12 AM
Gallo

Bikes: 2019 KonaLibre- 2003 Litespeed Vortex -2016 Intense Spider Factory Build -2008 Wilier Mortorolio- Specialized Stumpjumper Hardtail converted to bafang 750 mid drive -1986 Paramount 2014 - --- Pivot Mach 429c

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Cat4Lifer
If that doesn't scream "the process was given a thorough review and cleared as legally valid" by the courts, then nothing does.
I would suggest you read the linked document below including the footnotes. I would disagree that the court validated anything other than upholding the process of arbitration in place and US Courts position to stay out of the way and not rule on the matter. If you read the document Judge Sparks has unkind comments and statements toward both parties.

Footnote38

lndeed, it is hard to imagine a situation more illustrative of Judge Posner's famous words, that "there can be
few less suitable bodies than the federal courts for determining the eligibility, or the procedures for determining the
eligibility, of athletes to participate in the Olympic Games." Michels v. US. Olympic Comm., 741 F.2d 155, 159 (7th
Cir. 1984) (Posner, J., concurring). By the same token, this Court simply has no business telling national and
international amateur athletic organizations how to regulate their respective sports.

While all this is moot as it has moved to a different level. I wish the US Courts as a whole would consistently show the wisdom that Judge Sparks did regarding this case.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/103360421/Memorandum-Opinion