Old 02-08-13, 11:27 AM
BIG_BIKE

Bikes: In the making

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by squirtdad
As mentioned before a clearer definition of the target will help. Obese is not well defined.... over 300 lbs over 400 ??? and there is the skil set of the rider...new rider, returning after 30 years.....etc

and it might help if posters put there height/weight there.

and recognize it is an opinionated group. An example is the the step through frame. Many people who are experenced cyclist don't see the need, but a new cyclist at 450 lbs might consider this a godsend.

I am 6" and 270. I ride steel frame road bikes (drop bar and priest/postino style bars....not flat bards) with 32 spoke rims and have no problems with breakage.

if it were me I would build a city bike style

Step throught or mixte frame (maybe be off setting to some, but would be unisex, and has benefits for those with limited mobiliyt or concern about being able to put foot down and not hit frame)

nortth road styel bars (think english 3 speed )

700 cc wheels, 36 spoke able to take at least a 35mm tire

Brakes to cleare above.

thinks about simple gear setup.... single up front, many on rear (sram has a new mountain 1 x 11 setup)

make sure frame has eylets etc

avoid overpadded saddles
Thank you so much for your input. This is just what I was going for. Your right about the audience. I will try to re word that within the next day or two. - Gabe