View Single Post
Old 02-08-13, 05:47 PM
ksabz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New to biking, help please!

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and biking. I have a good amount of friends who do both the MS150 as well as do random strolls through town, and was interested in joining them. From talking with different people and reading around, I feel like a hybrid would be a best fit for me. However, most of my friends have road bikes over hybrids and are not too familiar with them. I got sized recently (on a road bike, size 52 - would this be the same for a hybrid?) and since I am not too familiar with what I should be looking for or what type of bike, I would really appreciate yall's help!

I am looking around spending max 500-600 after everything is said and done (this includes buying the bike and adding anything you may suggest I add so the ride is more enjoyable). From reading different posts, I see that Trek's are amongst the most popular and have good reviews from people. Read that Schwinn got sold to another manufacturer, and they aren't producing the quality they have in the past, so not too sure if I am interested in one of those any more. Any other brands such as Fuji or whatever you suggest I am open to looking at.

If you could please suggest some bikes you feel would be a good price fit. I want to have an idea of what I want to look at and try when I go to the bike store to make my purchase (unless I can find a better deal for the same bike online).

Thank you!