Old 02-09-13, 01:31 AM
AusTexMurf

Bikes: 2010 Origin8 CX700, 2003 Cannondale Backroads Cross Country, 1997 Trek mtn steel frame converted commuter/tourer, 1983 Univega Sportour, 2010 Surly LHT, Others...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
I heard the Honk! event being discussed at YBP on Monday eve and read that they were looking for volunteers. The members of the bands get around on bikes provided by YBP, which are then returned to them. A very large percentage of all participants, band members, audience, the blur, will get to Honk! by bicycle and get around between shows/sets by bike. Also, some of the bands have used bicycles in their performances in the past.

The only way to attend this event is by bike, in my opinion. Quite a bit of cross over interest, if you catch my drift. Plus, I wanted to get the word out for the event, the volunteers, and perhaps, to other communities interested in hosting such an event.

My two cents....

Edit:

And....I also wanted to make sure that bicycling folks in San Antone, Houston, DFW, San Marcos, RR, Georgetown, Fredericksburg, Waco, etc...were aware of the event and give them time to plan a trip in, with bikes, if interested.

Last edited by AusTexMurf; 02-09-13 at 07:57 AM.