Jaytron
Brown Bear, Sqrl Hunter

Bikes: CAAD 10 4, Dolan DF4, Fuji Track Classic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Generally, sprinters lift 3x a week during the off season and 2x a week during the season. Basically trading a lifting day for a race day. Most people race 1x a week.

Enduros that lift, generally lift 1-2x a week in the off season and 0-1x/week when the season starts for the same reason.

Remember, there is no "ready to go" during the weekly races. Wednesday night racing (DLV's weekly race night) was simply part of training. Most competitive racers are only fresh for big races like Nationals or some other big race. Many (like me) only peak once a season. Any other racing (Pro Races, Regionals, other big events) I train straight through them.

I know guys who try to peak 4-5 times a year for every big-ish event in their calendar. But, expressing it that way shows that they aren't familiar with Periodization.
Perfect. So Mon/Wed/Fri lift, and when the season starts I'll probably trade wed lifting for wed racing. We also have Friday races, I may or may not do those too.

I just started lifting and it's really hard to get a decent ride in, even a day after my lift day. I was told by some teammates/our coach to maybe not be so intense with the weights so DOMS isn't last like 3 days... ahhaha.

Your comment regarding the weekly races is very interesting to me, but makes sense. They're every week, if you were trying to "prep" for them, you'd just be in prep mode all the time. I never thought of them as just another training night.

I'm going to try and represent my team or our track's team (if I'm selected to) in pursuit nationals... they make selections in June... I don't think I'll be fast enough though.