Standalone 
The Drive Side is Within

Bikes: Road, Cargo, Tandem, Etc.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by IthaDan
Are you sure those are 27" rims? I know touring bikes have long chainstays, but the gap between the tire and the seattube looks like you're runnning 700c wheels. The difference it negligible (8mm in diameter), but it does mean you need the pads to be 4mm lower than if they were 27" rims. I don't really doubt you that they're 27", and the perforated braking surface supports this, but it just looks like the wheels are little undersized, and the angle of the pads backs that up.
I didn't see the '11 - '13 jump, either. But it was the OP who resurrected it...

Those are 27" CR18 rims in the final build shot and some of the size testing photos. With 27" CX tires! The steel rim photo was a sizing test using an old rim from a trash-pickup Botteccia I had on hand to check things out before investing in parts & wheels. The 620 of that year had an intensely long CS. I think it was 46cm to the 720's 47cm.

It was decidedly not fast on the CX course two autumns ago, but I can't really blame the bike!

Edit: so the upshot is, 620's are REALLY not suitable for 700c/622 conversion, as the posts are already kind of at the limit for 27"/630 wheels of any appreciable width.