View Single Post
Old 02-14-13, 12:17 PM
Angio Graham
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know there is ALOT of hatred towards cyclists but I think its just a sympton of hatred in general.

In 30 years of cycling I have only had 2 incidents of a motorists raging on me while cycling but I have had hundreds of incidents of motorists raging on me while driving.

I wote a long post on another forum about a driver who raged on me while driving yesterday in fact.

Here is the short version.......

Leaving the gym today I was on a street that has access to a hospital ER and is used often by ambulances. As I was driving I noticed ahead of me was an ambulance and fire rescue truck coming towards me with lights and sirens on. I was stopped at a red light.

The light turned green but the ambulance was very close so I didnt move and I waited for the amublance to pass.

The car behind me honked but I didnt move.

After the ambulance passed I proceeded to drive forward. The car behind me gunned it and came around on my left side and then quickly veered in front of me cutting me off.

We were coming up to another red light.

When we got to the red light I pulled alongside the car and noticed it was a middle aged woman driver. I motioned her to roll down her window and then I said "that wasnt very safe or nice for you to cut me off like that in such an aggresive manner"

She started cursing at me and then gunned it and drove away.

Many people have many different theories on why people act this way but its certainly not limited to cycling and cyclists.