View Single Post
Old 02-17-13, 01:05 PM
Fat Boy
Wheelsuck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I've talked about it before, but one of my main limiters has always been day-to-day recovery. If I do intervals or go really hard, I'll often need a couple days to bounce back. It's just the way my body reacts.

Well over the last few weeks, I've been bouncing back quicker than normal. It's weird. I've ridden hard 9 days of the last 15. The other days have been either very easy or Z2-3 endurance/tempo. This morning was a good example. I was on the bike 4+ hours yesterday with the last hour being our club hammer ride. Today I got up and figured I'd be knackered. Legs didn't feel too bad walking around the house getting ready. Had my black tea and hit the bike. I wanted to ride intervals, but thought I might have to settle for Z2-3. After the first 15 seconds on the bike I though, "Nope, I'm good to go."

So today was a' pyramid of fun'. 1-1-2-5-2-1-1. Power bogies were CP2, CP5 and CP20. I hit them all, which surprised the hell out of me. The first couple 1 minute intervals were more like CP1.5. None of it was easy, but hitting those numbers felt really good.

After the hard stuff I rode to my club group-up and road about 20 minutes with them on the way home, so not quite an hour of riding after the intervals. All in all, a really good day for me.

The only thing I'm still kind of incredulous about is that I'm recovering so well. It's a strange, but a very welcomed thing. If I'm not careful here, I might run into some decent form (for me). Now, I'm not going to be getting in the break with a pair of loafers on, but I do think I'm going to be doing well enough to go play. Huzzah!