View Single Post
Old 02-18-13, 03:10 AM
morphix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bhkyte
Any one know about the situation in the UK.
Dealerships seem to be drying up?
Rise of the UK ORI?

I suppose all the Ori stuff will be interchangeable with the comparable mezzo. Can not see why not , Might ring the london shop about the addition ORI spares that are not available on mezzo like front bag holder, extra frame wheels...........
I've been trying to find out what the situation is with Mezzo in the UK but getting any lines of communication open with ATB Sales has been extraordinary difficult. They just don't respond, or don't return calls. Their website is really shoddy and looks very broken and they give the impression of a company that is either on its way out of business, or just doesn't seem to care, which is a pity because they have a great product in the Mezzo which could make significant headway into gaining market share from Brompton with the right marketing behind it.

I don't know much about the ORI but it seems to be just an Asian version of the Mezzo produced under license from what I understand? I think the ORI bike is probably more popular than the Mezzo in UK. I wonder how popular the Mezzo is in the States where it sells under the same Mezzo brand? The US has a lot more choice for compact folders though than the UK market does.. There's the Downtube bikes for example which although 20" wheels, are very light and competitively priced with suspension option.