View Single Post
Old 02-18-13, 05:11 PM
bgblue1978

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wheelset decision

my girlfriend and i have been riding the tandem more lately and thinking about a wheel upgrade. the bike is an older kuwahara steel tandem. current wheels are suzue hubs and unknown 27in steel rims with an arai drum in the rear. we don't use the drum so we're looking at wheels without it. bike is 140 spaced but i don't think fitting 145 will be a problem. i threw some road 700c wheels on to test fit size and i think they will work fine so i'm looking at 700c tandem wheels.

we mainly ride alone in a mildly hilly area here in the texas hill country (austin). we plan on doing an ms150 this year and maybe a few charity centuries but mostly short solo rides.

right now a member on this board has a set of used bontrager race lites for sale. for the same price a local on cl has a set of dt540s laced to dyads that came stock on a comotion. i think they are both lightly used. as far as the wheels alone which do you guys think will suit us better? the other difference is of course local vs forum. local i get to see them but forum member is well respected so i don't have any concerns with either seller. as always thanks for the input.