Old 02-19-13, 10:42 AM
wphamilton

Bikes: Nashbar Road

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 228 Posts
Originally Posted by MMACH 5
As for the review, meh. Maybe it's just where I live (Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex), but the majority of folks, here talk the same way about cyclists. I have friends, family and co-workers who, even knowing how much I ride, can't hide their disdain for cyclists, when talking to me. I guess I've developed a pretty thick skin about it, so ignorant rants about cyclists don't bother me much.

As for the movie, it was kind of fun. Formulaic? Yes. Fantasy? Yes. Escapism? Yes. Factually questionable? Yes. Corny? Absolutely. But still a fun watch.
Some of y'all know, I was hit by a car last May and when this movie came out, I was not even back to work yet. My wife refused to go see it. She felt like it would hit a little too close to home. So, I took our teenage kiddos to go see it. When the closing credits started, my daughters, 14 and 15 years old, both stood up and said, "Dad, we we want to be bicycle messengers! That was AWESOME!"
So, this probably hit the mark with a teen demographic more than with adults.
MMach I have to add, even off-topic, that I watched it under the same circumstances, took my teenager and still wearing a sling because it was the day after I had my collarbone plated. My wife also refused, and still does.

I've already expressed my opinion of the review, a couple of posts up. As far as I could tell there was no one in the theater that hated cyclists, let alone applauding the bad cop hate you line or laughed at the crashes or what have you. I think the reviewer is projecting, or more likely making stuff up.